At Colwin Electrical Group, providing energy for life is what we do and how we do it. Dynamic, experienced and focused, our team energy and expertise is the driving force behind our commitment to each project. Locally owned and operated, Colwin delivers a range of electrical services from system design, cost planning and commercial installation to thermal imaging diagnostics and responsive maintenance service. From start to finish, Colwin is devoted to transforming complex electrical challenges into powerful solutions.
We are always looking for bright and motivated individuals to join our team and help build our brand while exceeding our customers’ expectations. We are proud of our amazing projects; our reputations with our customers, partners and suppliers; and of course, our workplace culture.
It’s our goal to attract, develop and retain outstanding employees who provide exceptional services to meet our client’s needs.
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Journeypersons / Apprentice Electricians to join our team.
- Responsible for executing a wide range of electrical tasks.
- Their main responsibilities include installing, maintaining and repairing electrical systems, components, and equipment.
- They must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications to determine the layout of electrical systems.
- They must also be able to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions using test equipment.
- In addition to installation and repair work, an electrical journeyman must also be able to inspect new installations and existing electrical systems to ensure they meet safety and code requirements.
- Finally, an electrical journeyman must adhere to safety regulations and guidelines while performing their job duties.
- Responsible for learning the basics of electrical work under the guidance of a licensed electrician.
- This includes learning how to read blueprints, installation of various applications, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- They must also learn safety protocols and how to use the necessary tools and equipment.
- Finally, apprentice electricians must be able to follow instructions and work well with others.
You bring excellent communication skills ( written & spoken ) and the ability to work independently and collaboratively. You also bring a sense of dedication and pride to your work, along with a productive work ethic.
- Wood frame electrical construction
- Steel frame electrical construction
- Concrete electrical construction
- Service electrical work
- Renovation electrical work
- Honest and hard working
- Physically capable of the work required
- Hand tools and drill / impact driver set
- Punctual, consistent and reliable
- Strong desire to constantly learn and acquire new skills
- You live in the lower mainland of BC and are able to commute to Vancouver
We offer our employees the following:
- Top industry standard wages
- Medical and extended health benefits
- RRSP contribution benefit program
- Advancement opportunities throughout the company
- Safety is our first priority
We are hiring based on full time work for all positions that are posted.
No phone calls regarding this posting please.
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$50.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Colwin Electrical Group has a comprehensive COVID-19 Safe Work Plan to ensure the safety of our employees and their families, clients, and the general public.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Scissor / Boom Lift license (preferred)
- Driver's License (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person