VP, Grober Nutrition
As the Quality and Nutrition Manager you will be responsible to lead all compliance related matters pertaining to CFIA, FeedAssure® requirements and HACCP plans at our Grober Nutrition facility in Cambridge. Also, The Quality and Nutrition Manager will oversee the Research and Development, Formulation and new product development of animal feed products by leveraging your solid experience in animal nutrition and R&D.
- Assist and support Quality, Operations and other departments in development and maintenance of Grober Nutrition conformity to FeedAssure® V4.0, The Feeds Act, and The Health of Animals Act
- Implement product specification systems and drive continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participate and lead in projects relating to feed safety, regulatory, process improvement, engagement, training, and others as needed.
- Lead plant tours and audits while providing guidance, explanation, and direction for scheduled and unscheduled reviews of the HACCP Plans and CFIA audits.
- Lead product development of all new animal feed products.
- Research Animal Nutrition and share findings and expertise with key stakeholders.
- Manage the Quality Control team to ensure new products align with current market trends and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders including sales, marketing, and operations to ensure successful product development.
- Work closely with team of Young Animal Specialists to assist in the sales and marketing of product including new product development.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in a related field of science (food chemistry, biology, quality assurance, chemistry, animal science) or similar.
- 3-5 years working in a manufacturing environment preferably in an Animal Nutrition capacity.
- Prior experience working with FeedAssure® an asset.
- Knowledge of QA/QC including CFIA requirements and HACCP Management.
- Proven experience in R&D laboratory environment with focus in Animal feed development preferred.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify, scrutinize, improve, and streamline complex work processes.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian-owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese, and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack, and Export markets, developed and produced out of our 13 manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high-quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit:
Gay Lea Foods is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!