Positive Kids is a provider of holistic ADHD treatment for children and their families. We are the creators of a unique model called "LEPS." Our LEPS Model tackles the complications associated with ADHD with a very high success rate. Our counsellor will work with children to assess needs, create a treatment plan and begin working with child on a one to one basis to address social and emotional challenges.
The role will consist of the following:
Provide Counselling Services Follow up with clients/families to ensure client needs are being met Ensure that note taking and proper filing procedures are followed Return phone calls and follow up with client queries Attend supervision sessions with Psychologist/Psychotherapist when requested Coordinate treatment plan with multidisciplinary team members Provide educational material when needed Participate in peer supervision to other counsellors when requested Represent Positive Kids to media when called upon or requested Offer program reports to parents after sessions are completed via PK Passport
- Must be able to practice counselling psychotherapy in your province.
- Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work or other social Science
- Interview will be done in English
- Must have OWN office space to see clients
- Experience with Social Emotional skills training an asset
- Experience working with children:
- Experience working with ADHD children an asset
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: From $80.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have your own office in the Scarborough or Markham area?
- Do you have at least 1 year experience counselling children?
- Master's Degree (required)
- counselling: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-07-01
Expected start date: 2023-06-12