About West Bay Mechanical:
At West Bay Mechanical Ltd, we actively promote the philosophy of a mutually beneficial partnership with our customers and business associates. Encouraging our business partners and employees to work with us both now, and in the future, is of fundamental importance to our company and workforce. Our past achievements reflect our goal of “Quality First”, from the beginning of the job to the end.
We have 50 fully licensed Journeymen and currently 30 Apprentice employees on staff.
As one of our elite Plumbing installers, you will work as part of a passionate and evolved team of superior Tradespeople to ensure our customer’s satisfaction and our desired goals.
· Minimum 1 year experience working in commercial and or residential plumbing installation work.
· Solid understanding of water distribution, DWV, heating, gas systems, and interpreting construction drawings
· Clean, safe driving record
· Highly motivated, self-starter who’s flexible and has a positive attitude
· Represent yourself in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner to win new referrals and repeat business
· Maintain a clean, organized job site
· Actively participate in all training exercises and meetings
· To lead by example and strive to make your teammates better by sharing your knowledge and experiences
· Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
· Organized with exceptional follow-through abilities
· Ability to read, understand, and follow safety procedures including Covid-19 procedures
· Establishing customer relationships to sell the right products and services.
· Install, repair, and maintain plumbing and heating systems and components, including but not limited to:
· Domestic hot and cold water lines.
· Boilers including hot water heating system components (e.g. circ pumps, balancing valves, manifolds)
· Drain/Waste/Vent (DWV) systems, underground storm, sanitary piping systems
· Water heaters, plumbing fixtures, storage tanks, valves, fittings, traps, and pumps
· Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure
· Soldering, pipe threading, and gas leak testing
· Testing pipe systems and fixtures for leaks
· Reviewing building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials.
Job Types: Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nanaimo, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- plumbing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person