We have an immediate need for
- Service Plumbing Apprentice
- Service Journeyman
- Install Plumbing Apprentice
- Install Plumbing Journeyman
IHM Mechanical is a growing mechanical contractor in BC. We specialize in commercial service including Supermarkets, Food Production Facilities and the design and installation of mechanical systems. WE ARE PANDEMIC PROOF (as we perform service for the entire food chain, we remained 100% operational during the Covid lockdowns.) We are looking to expand our team with talented like-minded individuals who want to join an innovative organization where their work is valued.
IHM Mechanical is currently looking for a hardworking, committed Journeyman and Apprentice Plumbers. This role looks after preventative maintenance contracts, as well as modification, repair, and replacement of mechanical systems. The ideal candidate will be a Journeyman or Apprentice with experience within a mechanical service company.
This position requires taking direct instructions with ease, excellent time management skills and strong customer / co-worker communication skills. Review work orders that include identification of the problem, determine required services, and pick up replacement parts.
What makes IHM a chosen employer?
- We provide competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package includes: extended health care benefits and training allowances
- Our company culture is based on respect, innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- Don’t have tools? We offer a payment program for tools – get what you need immediately.
- We provide access to career development opportunities through regular check-ins and we facilitate immediate ITA sponsorship that is driven by employee goals
All Techs have a company provided service van, uniform, cell phone, tablet and full training on our systems. We have a very good service management program in place and this allows for real time input and access to all information for each site.
- Service commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential clients (Commercial/Industrial 95%, Residential 5%).
- Operate equipment, hand tools, power tools and drain cleaning equipment
- Handle and store plumbing supplies and materials
- Work in accordance with site safety requirements
- Communicate with colleagues, trades, and sub-trades in a professional & positive manor
- Follow written and verbal instructions as required
- Perform duties outside of daily job for the goal of project completion
- Contribute to site/company culture by completing job duties with a positive attitude
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$50.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Yes, full PPE and safety protocols in place to ensure everyone is safe.
- Red Seal Plumbing Certification or Indentured Apprenticeship (required)
Work Location: In person