Legacy Co-op is recruiting a Full Time Human Resources Advisor in Yorkton, SK. The successful incumbent will be resourceful, resilient, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We are pursuing a growth strategy that will provide you and our team with exciting opportunities. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.legacyco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Advisor assists in providing direction and coaching across the organization on human resource matters to ensure consistency of approach, adherence to applicable legislation and collective agreements, and alignment with the business needs. You will also be responsible for:
- Providing coaching, support, and recommendations to Team Leaders on all aspects of talent management practices including succession planning, talent acquisition, onboarding, talent development, and employee engagement.
- Leading talent acquisition processes including creating job offers/job postings, determining/implementing recruitment strategies, screening applicants, and advising best practices on interviews.
- Administration and interpretation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Personnel policies and Labour Legislation, and assist with advising on discipline, investigations, and terminations.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Human Resources and have:
- Post-secondary education from a recognized educational institution including a certificate or undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business or Commerce. CPHR is considered an asset. A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- 3 years of relevant experience in a unionized environment
- Current working knowledge of legislation, labour and employment law, human rights legislation, and related areas
- Knowledge of best practices/trends related to workforce planning and talent acquisition
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and solid computer skills are required.
- Experience with coaching and providing feedback to team leaders.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do and you believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an employer-contributed pension plan, and we offer an excellent relocation assistance program. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Yorkton, SK S3N 0P6