Whether you’re new to Ryerson this year, or a returning student, we are thrilled to be here to offer you meal and snack options that are healthful, affordable and delicious!
As you move around campus, we hope you notice student-friendly food prices, wholesome meal options including lots of fresh, local and sustainably sourced ingredients, and a wider range of menu items that are just as inclusive and diverse as Ryerson’s community. You’ll also see more food programming like community meals, food workshops and visits from some of our city’s best chefs, farmers and good food advocates.
We hope you will keep an eye out for our social and digital media presence on Twitter and Instagram, as we have some exciting things planned! If you see us at events around campus, please come say hello, and share any of your thoughts and hopes for our campus food services.
What you eat during your time on campus is as important to us as what you’re learning, and the Ryerson Eats team is working hard to create effective food solutions for your busy lives. We are delighted that you’ve chosen Ryerson and we look forward to providing you with the fuel & sustenance you’ll need for a delicious & successful academic year!
Ryerson has a commitment to promote fresh, wholesome, sustainably sourced food for the campus community. You will have the opportunity to work with diverse populations, learn about how these principles should inform and shape the work of RUEats to appropriately build a campus community inclusive of Ryerson’s diverse student and employee population. As a Starbuck’s Barista, you will create the Starbuck’s experience for our customers by providing legendary customer service, quality beverages and products and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment.
- Successful completion of secondary school graduation diploma and less than six (6) months of related work experience in a Starbucks franchise with familiarity of Starbucks working standards.
- Ability to prepare hot and cold beverages while adhering to Starbucks' recipes and standards.
- Excellent customer service skills to engage with customers and anticipate customer and store needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to ensure efficient and effective client service for members of the Ryerson community.
- Experience in programming cash registers, verifying correct price for goods purchases, collecting payment and balancing a cash float at the of a shift.
- Ability to complete all food safety documentation as required and assigned by Management.
- Ability to maintain shelves, refrigerators, raw materials and paper supplies with adequate levels of stock.
- Deliver high standards of cleanliness to maintain cash stand, counter tops, food production and beverage equipment, serving/working areas and condiment stands.
- Ability to adhere to all Food Services and Starbucks policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform service duties for special functions as required.
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as member of a team.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing as a first step in the evaluation process prior to being granted an interview.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.