Mid-Island Masonry & Contracting Ltd is looking for full time experienced Masons to join our highly skilled team. This person will play an important role in ensuring the overall project success through support and organization of the job site.
As a Mason, you will be responsible for laying brick, block, stone and other masonry materials on Commercial & Residential projects.
- Laying bricks, block and stone masonry
- Assisting with installation of air barriers, flashings and back-up wall systems
- Assist mason tenders to ensure adequate and proper materials, tools and equipment are organized and ready for your work
- Jointing & final installations
- Minimum 5 years experience in masonry work
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in reading and interpreting contract drawings and specifications
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Knowledge and understanding of construction safety protocols and OSHA regulations
- RRSP matching
- Health & Dental Benefits
- 8% holiday pay + 5 personal days
- Advancement opportunities
If you are looking for a career in masonry and have a passion for working in a team-oriented environment, we encourage you to apply today. Our ideal candidate should be detail oriented, physically able and have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Permanent, Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- masonry: 3 years (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
Ability to Relocate:
- Victoria, BC: Relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person