Day Shift ( Monday- Friday)
The Role and Candidate:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the scope of this integral position involves the maintenance of all property and equipment at the facility, including mechanical and electrical repairs. This innovative and proactive problem-solver will maintain the life of the equipment, minimize downtime, and ensure the safe and efficient operations of the plant.
- Perform preventative maintenance for all packaging and production equipment as well as services and utilities.
- Maintain the life of the equipment and minimize downtime.
- Repair all plant production equipment as required.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operations of the plant.
- Communicate with the rest of the maintenance team and plant personnel when resolving problems.
- Coordinate with al outside contractors and ensure that work is completed in a safe manner that complies with all manufacturing codes, regulations.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to continuously improve maintenance operations and efficiencies.
- Ensure parts are ordered, organized and stocked.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- Attend prescribed courses and training as required.
- Minimum 3 years' maintenance experience with in the food industry, preferably dairy.
- Must possess an Ontario and/or Interprovincial Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) – 433A license required.
- Knowledge of GMP’s and HACCP.
- Strong preventative maintenance and troubleshooting ability.
- Solid knowledge of highspeed filling and packaging lines and PLC’s.
- Refrigeration “B” license and boiler experience would be an asset.
- Familiar with continuous improvement processes and methodologies would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of plumbing, welding and machining.
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be flexible in terms of shift work and perform other duties as required.
- Physically capable of performing the demands of the job.
- Computer skills would be an asset.
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian-owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese, and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack, and Export markets, developed and produced out of our 13 manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high-quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit:
Gay Lea Foods is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!