BFG is looking to bring on and expand our electrical team!
Apply to this post if you are interested in working for a great company that offers great benefits and competitive rates.
Electrical Apprentice 309A
- Work in a safe manner, observing all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Read and interpret diagrams, drawings and specifications
- Prepare layouts for machinery and controls
- Install underground wiring and surface mount and/or overhead cables
- Install, replace and repair electrical distribution and utilization equipment
- Properly splice, terminate, and label conductors
- Test and measure voltages, ampacities, insulation integrity, continuity, and other electrical characteristics
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures
- Commercial/Industrial construction sites
- Operational facilities and businesses
- Physical load: high, up to 50lbs
- Location: customer sites, warehouse, working at heights, supervision
- Hazard: high, exposure to high voltages, PPE required, fall protection, use of power tools and other equipment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities/Demands:
- Physically pushing/pulling various types of cables and conductors
- Using various hand and power tools (drills, saws, pipe benders, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Safely and responsibly operating elevated work platforms (scissor lifts).
- Performing duties on platform ladders, scaffold and/or elevated work platforms.
- Lifting, climbing, standing for long periods of time, working at heights.
- Working in extreme temperatures.
- Working on a shift rotation (when required).
- Must be over 18 years of age with a Grade 12 education/high school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Construction & Maintenance Electrician Pre-Apprentice Program
- Registration in the Construction & Maintenance Apprenticeship Program
- Demonstrate high accountability and sense of ownership.
- Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision and to work effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate reliability in completing tasks within established timelines and parameters.
- Demonstrate effective and efficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Are you over 18 years of age with a Grade 12 education/high school diploma or equivalent?
- Have you completed the Construction & Maintenance Electrician Pre-Apprentice Program?
- Are you registered in the Construction & Maintenance Apprenticeship Program?
- Are you able, willing and available to work over staggered shifts 24/7 and may include rotating stand-by and call-backs to provide assistance after hours?
- Are you able, willing and available to work nights/overnight shift?
- Are you able, willing and available to work overtime?
- Are you able, willing and available to flex and adjust work schedules and shifts 24/7?
- Are you able, willing and available to travel to customers' sites on short notice over extended periods of time?
- Do you have access to transportation to get to and from jobs independently?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- What is your minimum rate/salary expectation?
Work Location: In person