Legacy Co-op is hiring a Full – Time Sales Lead to drive business growth and support the team at the Agro Centre in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We are pursuing a growth strategy that will provide you and our team with exciting opportunities. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.legacyco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Agro Manager, the Sales Lead is responsible for supervision and training of staff, leading the B2B sales function of the department, and assisting the manager with day-to-day operations in collaboration with the Hardware Supervisor. You will be responsible for:
· Developing specialized content in the areas of Feed, Ag Equipment (Hi Hog, etc), Animal
Health, Lube, Lumber/fencing, sales and delivering trainings to all Agro staff.
· Collaborating with the Agro Manager and Hardware Supervisor in supporting the talent
acquisition process including interviews and onboarding, performance management, team
· Leading and driving the end-to-end B2B sales cycle (contacting customers, stock & delivery
management, documentation, complaint handling, file maintenance as needed) while
maintaining strong professional relationships with all the B2B customers.
· Achieving our budgeted sales margins by building strong professional relationships
between reps and suppliers, minimizing expenses and increasing profitability.
· Ensuring that all the staff are properly trained and are compliant with loss prevention and
asset protection policies and procedures at all times at the location.
* Safety sensitive positions require pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You have a passion for agriculture and customer service and you have:
· Must have Grade 12.
· Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license throughout employment.
· Must have knowledge and experience in Agro/Hardware operations and willing to expand
their knowledge in this area.
· Must have a knack for selling and maintaining/ growing an extensive customer contact
program. Prior B2B customer service and sales experience would be an asset.
· Have the confidence of a sales orientated individual with the ability to communicate
confidently and persuasively with any internal and external customers.
· Previous supervisory experience would be an asset.
· WHMIS, TDG, OHC 1 & 2, Supervision & Safety, Power Mobile Equipment Training, Propane,
Pesticide Dispenser License certifications preferred or willing to obtain
· Possess business acumen skills with an ability to control operational costs, maximize
operational efficiency and improve sales and growth margin.
· Flexible to work various hours and on-call as required.
· You are experienced in computer skills with an intermediate understanding of MS Office
· You have experience in developing partnerships and negotiating with internal and external
customers on complex issues and transactions.
· You have an interest in coaching and providing feedback to other team members.
· Maintain good physical condition, physically able to do heavy lifting of 50 lbs, climb ladders
· High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability and deal with people tactfully and
professionally at all times.
· You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an employer-contributed pension plan, and we offer an excellent relocation assistance program. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop, and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person