What is the opportunity?
We are looking for self-motivated, highly driven and entrepreneurial individuals to join our Field Sales team at RBC Insurance. As an accredited Life & Wealth Advisor (HLLQP/LLQP) you provide integrated life insurance planning and advice to your existing network of referrals and new RBC client acquisitions. Your drive to understand the full-suite of RBC Insurance Life, Whole Life, Living Benefits, & Wealth products enables you to provide valuable solutions to your clients based on their needs. Alongside your own prospecting and networking activity, you are fully supported by internal partners who work to help to deepen your client relationships through effective opportunity spotting and honest sales practices. We’re proud to promote a culture where great people and ideas are rewarded and teamwork is encouraged. When you succeed, we succeed. Join us.
What will you do?
- Connect with clients through discovery to better understand their life events and offer comprehensive insurance and financial advice that aligns to their current and changing needs
- Promote a client-first mindset in a digital environment by meeting clients when it is most convenient for them
- Develop and deepen client relationships with the use of Salesforce and other compliant customer tools/electronic forms
- Contribute to and be accountable for your team sales success through the achievement of your individual sales goals
- Increase your external networks by capitalizing on market opportunities and referrals from approved centres of influence
- Regularly review individual business results and adjust activities as required to meet established targets
- Deliver on RBC’s vision to be among the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Fluently bilingual in English and Mandarin/Cantonese, both written and spoken
- Business development and prospecting skills with a goal-oriented attitude with a strong ambition to succeed
- The ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Life/A&S License (HLLQP/LLQP), or the willingness to complete
- 1-2+ years’ professional sales experience in the Insurance Industry
- An existing network of referrals and approved centres of influence
- Digital literacy using a variety of systems and tools
Nice to have
- Industry Designations Preferred: CFP (Certified Financial Planner), CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter), CHS (Certified Health Insurance Specialist)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- The resources and support you need to develop your client portfolio and advance your career goals
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- A comprehensive compensation package and incentives that recognize strong performance
- Flexible health benefits that allow you to choose the level of coverage that is right for you and your family
- Employee savings, profit-sharing, and pension options to help you grow your savings and plan for future financial security
- Outstanding training programs and opportunities for career development
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
Performs basic requirements analysis to specify clients' overall priorities and expectations; suggests possibilities for new markets and policies for an insurance product line or within a given territory. Applies complete knowledge, skills, and practices to perform assignments.
OAKVILLE, Ontario, Canada
Sales and Advisory
Client Advisory and Sales
I*nclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment*
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $34,367.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
- Sales: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person